Friday, June 12, 2009

Intro

I decided to start this blog to open a real discussion in regards to the realities for the BT or ex BT. There is much raging on the internet in regards to this issue, yet many aspects are left unsaid or understated.

I am by far a scholar. I will not be able to provide halachic arguments to back up anything, and that is not what this blog is really about.

Its about getting sucked into Aish or Chabad, distancing yourself from your friends, your life, your support system, and getting nothing but a failed dream.

I was smart to walk away, but it took all my strength and rational thinking to do so. I chose to live in the real world, as opposed to making my world smaller and smaller by the day.

Life is not easy. Jobs. Dating. Boyfriends. Car insurance. Lonliness. Real life, real problems.

But it sure as shit beats being a baal teshuva for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment